From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A stroller (Canada & U.S.A.) or pram (U.K) is a hand-pushed vehicle to carry babies and young infants. More general terms include child carrier, baby transport or baby carrier.
Types of stroller[change | change source]
- Standard strollers - also called full-size or regular strollers, are usually designed to allow babies to lie on their backs for the first few months. In addition, there are those that are designed to accommodate infant car seats for when the baby is older. They are usually built with enclosed sides or some type of containment. Some baby strollersmay have features to avert babies from slipping through leg openings as well.
- Jogging strollers - are for serious runners. By means of a lightweight-frame and air-filled tires, a jogging stroller provides a smooth ride for a child on nearly any surface that a parent might choose for their usual run.
- Travel systems - include a companionable infant car seat and a toddler stroller in a single system. Because the infant car seat can be utilized for car journeys and clicks into the toddler stroller base, a sleeping newborn is easier to travel with for parents. Once the child has outgrown the infant seat, the toddler stroller can be used by itself.
- Tandem or double strollers - are the best choice for parents of two children. In tandem designs, one child sits in back of the other, making it easier to maneuver through stores or crowds because a tandem is the same width as a single stroller.
- Lightweight strollers or umbrella strollers - are not equipped with much padding and at times not very modifiable; however, they are normally more economical than stroller designs with supplementary features. Lightweight strollers are best suited for toddlers and older babies, or children who are one year old and older. They are convenient as back-up strollers when out and about; nonetheless, most are not fitting for babies because they have little head support and not structured to recline completely.
- side by side double stroller - Is the best choice for parents of two children. In side-by-side design, the two kids are sitting side by side, making it easier to maneuver through the store or crowd because the two kids may feel close to each other and feel more confident.
References[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Baby carriers|
- Simmons, Helen M.. "Main types of stroller". Best Baby Stroller Review and Guide. http://bestbabystrollerjudge.com/#Types_Of_Stroller. Retrieved 18 June 2015.