Suthachai Yimprasert (April 28, 1956 – September 27, 2017) was a Thai historian who wrote Phan Ching Chart Thai (English: Plot to Take Over the Nation) and Adyakam Rat Nai Vikrit Kan Plianplaeng (English: State Crime Amidst Change Crisis).
Early life[change | change source]
He was a student activist, and on 6 October 1976 he and other leftist students gathered after an overnight protest at Thammasat [University], police commandos and right-wing militia members stormed the campus and butchered scores of students. ... [he] saw several of his friends gunned down in the massacre, decided armed uprising was the only solution. He fled to the southern jungle, joined the Communist rebels", and became a guerrilla fighter.
References[change | change source]
- Charuvastra, Teeranai; Reporter, Staff (27 September 2017). "Suthachai Yimprasert, Teacher and Crusader for Liberty, 61".
- "Noted pro-democracy Chula historian passes away at 61". The Nation. Archived from the original on 2017-09-30. Retrieved 2017-09-29.
- อีกหนึ่งผู้รักประชาธิปไตย!! "อ.ยิ้ม หรือ สหายสมพร" สุธาชัย ยิ้มประเสริฐ เสียชีวิตแล้ว!! บุคคลซึ่งเคยต่อสู้ขอประกันตัว "ดา ตอร์ปิโด".Published 2017-09-27
- http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/09/27/suthachai-yimprasert-crusader-liberty-teacher-61/ "An original version of this article said Suthachai received his Bachelor’s Degree from ... In fact, it was Srinakharinwirot University. We regret the error.
- ""สุธาชัย ยิ้มประเสริฐ" เสียชีวิตอย่างสงบ". Post Today (in Thai). September 27, 2017. Retrieved September 18, 2020.