Tanja M. Schuster
Tanja Magdalena Schuster is a taxonomist from Kaindorf, Austria and the first Pauline Ladiges Plant Systematics Fellow, holding a joint position with the School of Biosciences, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, and the National Herbarium of Victoria, Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne. Schuster also worked as curator of the Norton-Brown Herbarium at the University of Maryland, College Park.
In 2011, Schuster created the genus Duma for some species previously placed in Muehlenbeckia, but which were shown by molecular phylogenetic studies to form a distinct clade. The name is derived from the Latin for "thorn-bush."
Selected works[change | change source]
- Sanchez, A., Schuster, T.M. and Kron, K.A. (2009). A large scale phylogeny of Polygonaceae and its implications for taxonomic circumscriptions. International Journal of Plant Sciences 170, 1044-1055.
- Sanchez, A., Schuster, T.M., Burke, J. and Kron, K.A. (2011). Taxonomy of Polygonoideae (Polygonaceae): A new tribal classification. Taxon 60, 151-160.
- Schuster, T.M., Reveal, J.L. and Kron, K.A. (2011). Phylogeny of Polygoneae (Polygonaceae: Polygonoideae). Taxon 60, 1653-1666.
- Schuster, T.M., Wilson, K.L. and Kron, K.A. (2011). Phylogenetic relationships of Muehlenbeckia, Fallopia and Reynoutria investigated with chloroplast and nuclear data. International Journal of Plant Sciences 172, 1053-1066.
- Schuster, T.M., Setaro, S.D. and Kron, K.A. (2013). Age estimates for the buckwheat family Polygonaceae based on sequence data calibrated by fossils and with a focus on the amphi-Pacific Muehlenbeckia. PLoS ONE. 10.1371/journal.pone.0061261.
[change | change source]
- Duma T.M.Schust.
- Koenigia alaskana T.M.Schust. & Reveal (syn. Polygonum alpinum)
- Koenigia alpina T.M.Schust. & Reveal (syn. Aconogonon alpina)
- Koenigia campanulata (Hook.f.) T.M.Schust. & Reveal (syn. Persicaria campanulata)
- Koenigia davisiae T.M.Schust. & Reveal
References[change | change source]
- "Herbarium welcomes inaugural Fellow". Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria. 26 September 2013. Archived from the original on 5 May 2019. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- "Tanja Schuster". Plant Systematics Research Group. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- Backhouse, Megan (September 28, 2013). "Children's Wonderland". The Age. p. 10. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
The RBG has raised almost $1 million through private donations to the Pauline Ladiges Plant Systematics Research Fellowship, with taxonomist Tanja Schuster appointed inaugural fellow. Dr Schuster will work with the plant science and biodiversity team in the herbarium.
- University of Maryland (March 1, 2013). "Dried but Not Forgotten". Press release. https://agnr.umd.edu/news/dried-not-forgotten. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- Schuster, T.M.; Wilson, K.L. & Kron, K.A. (2011), "Phylogenetic relationships of Muehlenbeckia, Fallopia and Reynoutria (Polygonaceae) investigated with chloroplast and nuclear sequence data", International Journal of Plant Sciences, 172: 1053–1066, doi:10.1086/661293, JSTOR 10.1086/661293
- "Search for "T.M.Schust."". International Plant Names Index. Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- Brummitt, R. K.; C. E. Powell (1992). Authors of Plant Names. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. ISBN 1-84246-085-4.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Tanja Schuster at the Plant Systematics Research Group
|Wikispecies has information on: Tanja M. Schuster.|