Terence James "Terry" Cavanagh (July 19, 1926 – December 17, 2017) was a Canadian politician, businessman, municipal councilor in Edmonton, Alberta. He served as Mayor of Edmonton from November 14, 1975 through October 19, 1977 and again from October 17, 1988 through October 16, 1989. He was Edmonton's first native-born mayor. He served as an alderman in Edmonton until he retired from politics in 2007.
Cavanagh was born in Edmonton on July 19, 1926, to Scottish immigrants. He played for the Galt Red Wings of the Ontario Hockey Association, where he was a teammate of Gordie Howe during his early years. He died on December 17, 2017 in Edmonton at the age of 91.
References[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
- Terry Cavanagh profile Edmonton City Council (retrieved August 14, 2007)
- Edmonton Public Library biography of Terry Cavanagh
- Terry Cavanagh career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- "Budgeting Time", Real Estate Weekly, November 23, 2006
- "Keep rent-control plan alive, say councillors", Edmonton Journal, May 6, 2007
- "Edmonton then, Edmonton now", Edmonton Journal, June 23, 2007 (reproduced on connect2edmonton.ca)