The Boss Baby: Family Business
|The Boss Baby: Family Business|
|Directed by||Tom McGrath|
|Screenplay by||Michael McCullers|
|Based on||The Boss Baby and The Bossier Baby|
by Marla Frazee
|Produced by||Jeff Hermann|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|Box office||$146.7 million|
The Boss Baby: Family Business (known in other territories as The Boss Baby 2) is a 2021 American computer-animated comedy movie loosely based on the 2010 picture book The Boss Baby and its 2016 sequel The Bossier Baby by Marla Frazee, produced by DreamWorks Animation, and distributed by Universal Pictures. The movie is the second installment in The Boss Baby franchise and the sequel to the 2017 movie, the movie is directed by Tom McGrath, from a screenplay by Michael McCullers with a story by McGrath and McCullers, and stars the voices of Alec Baldwin, James Marsden, Amy Sedaris, Ariana Greenblatt, Jeff Goldblum, Eva Longoria, Jimmy Kimmel, and Lisa Kudrow. The plot follows the now-adult Templeton brothers who are brought back together after Tim's daughter Tina requests their help for Baby Corp to stop a professor from erasing childhoods worldwide.
Plans for a Boss Baby sequel were announced in May 2017 with McGrath returning to direct. Animation began at DWA Glendale and some production assets were borrowed from Jellyfish Pictures, with voice acting being done remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The movie was theatrically released in the United States on July 2, 2021 in traditional and select RealD 3D, Dolby Cinema and 4DX locations, by Universal Pictures; it also streamed on paid tiers of Peacock for 60 days. The film grossed $146 million worldwide, and received generally mixed reviews from critics, with the Rotten Tomatoes critics consensus calling it "a painless diversion for the kids".
Cast[change | change source]
- Alec Baldwin as Ted Templeton Jr. / The Boss Baby, a former executive of Baby Corp, Tim's younger brother, Tina and Tabitha's uncle, Carol's brother-in-law, and Ted Sr. and Janice's younger son.
- James Marsden as Tim Templeton, Ted Jr.'s older brother, Carol's husband, Tina and Tabitha's father, and Ted Sr. and Janice's older son. Marsden replaces Tobey Maguire and Miles Bakshi from the first film, where Maguire voiced the adult Tim and Bakshi voiced the younger Tim.
- Amy Sedaris as Tina Templeton, an undercover and new executive of Baby Corp, Tim and Carol's younger daughter, Tabitha's younger sister, Ted's younger niece, and Ted Sr. and Janice's younger granddaughter.
- Ariana Greenblatt as Tabitha Templeton, Tina's older sister, Tim and Carol's highly intelligent older daughter, Ted's older niece, and Ted Sr. and Janice's older granddaughter. Greenblatt replaces Nina Zoe Bakshi from the first film.
- Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Erwin Armstrong, an intelligent baby with a plot to remove all grownups.
- Eva Longoria as Carol Templeton, Tim's wife, Ted Jr.'s sister-in-law, Ted Sr. and Janice's daughter-in-law, and Tina and Tabitha's mother.
- Jimmy Kimmel as Ted Templeton Sr., Janice's husband, Ted Jr. and Tim's father, Carol's father-in-law, and Tina and Tabitha's grandfather.
- Lisa Kudrow as Janice Templeton, Ted Sr.'s wife, Ted Jr. and Tim's mother, Carol's mother-in-law, and Tina and Tabitha's grandmother.
- James McGrath as Wizzie, Tim's Gandalf-esque alarm clock from his childhood.
References[change | change source]
- "The Boss Baby 2: Family Business". British Board of Film Classification. Archived from the original on December 13, 2021. Retrieved December 13, 2021.
- Rubin, Rebecca (June 30, 2021). "Box Office: 'F9' to Stay on Top as 'Boss Baby' Sequel, 'Forever Purge' and 'Zola' Open in Theaters". Variety. Retrieved June 30, 2021.
- The Boss Baby: Family Business (2021) - Financial Information. The Numbers. Nash Information Services, LLC. Retrieved December 28, 2021.
- "The Boss Baby: Family Business". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Retrieved December 28, 2021.
- 'The Boss Baby: Family Business' Voice Cast Actors in Real Life