The Mars Volta
The Mars Volta
|Origin||El Paso, Texas, United States|
|Genres||Progressive rock, psychedelic rock, experimental rock|
|Labels||Universal, GSL, Warner Bros.|
|Past member(s)||See: Former members|
The Mars Volta is a rock band from El Paso, Texas formed by Omar Rodriguez-Lopez and Cedric Bixler-Zavala. They were called the 'Best Prog-Rock Band' in 2008, by Rolling Stone magazine.
Omar and Cedric had earlier played in another rock band called At the Drive-In, but the band did not want to play anymore since they liked different types of music.
They have released five studio albums, some of them on the record label Universal. They are famous for their wild live shows, their psychedelic sounds and their concept albums. In September 2012, the band announced that they were going on a hiatus and then split up January 2013. They came back together in 2019, and put out a new album in 2022.
Studio albums[change | change source]
- De-Loused in the Comatorium (2003)
- Frances the Mute (2005)
- Amputechture (2006)
- The Bedlam in Goliath (2008)
- Octahedron (2009)
- Noctourniquet (2012)
- The Mars Volta (2022)
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "The Mars Volta Break Up". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 2013-02-02. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- ↑ Blabbermouth (2022-06-21). "THE MARS VOLTA Returns With First New Single In Over A Decade, Announces Fall 2022 North American Tour". BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Retrieved 2022-10-23.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Band page Archived 2009-09-13 at the Wayback Machine