From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Memorials[change | change source]
- A temple-like memorial to Thiruvalluvar, Valluvar Kottam, was built in Chennai in 1976.
- There is a 133-foot tall statue of Thiruvalluvar erected at the southern tip of the Indian subcontinent Kanyakumari where the Arabian Sea, the Bay of Bengal, and the Indian Ocean converge, the 133 feet denote Tirukkuṛaḷ's 133 Chapters or athikarams and the show of three fingers denote the three themes Aram, Porul, and Inbam, i.e. the sections on Morals, Wealth and Love.
- There is also a statue of Thiruvalluvar outside the School of Oriental and African Studies in Russell Square, London.
References[change | change source]
- Tiruvaḷḷuvar; Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami (1 January 2000). Tirukural. Abhinav Publications. pp. 31–32. ISBN 978-81-7017-390-8. http://books.google.com/books?id=TGw-ef8ZrHoC&pg=PR32. Retrieved 12 December 2010.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Thirukkural Oli Pathipu: Thirukkural Audio book
- Dialogue and History Constructing South India,1795–1895, Eugene F.Irschick,UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA PRESS
-  Page 70
- Thirukural – Another site which is categorized by chapters