Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: toll.|
The word toll has several meanings.
Road transportation infrastructure[change | change source]
- "Toll" is sometimes used as a synonym for tariff
- A fee charged to use some roads and bridges
- Toll road, a road for which road usage tolls are charged
- Toll plaza, a facility where tolls are collected, on modern toll roads, tunnels, and bridges
- Toll bridge, a bridge for which road usage tolls are charged
- Toll tunnel, a tunnel for which road usage tolls are charged
- Toll house, a place where road usage tolls are collected
- Electronic toll collection, aims to eliminate the delay on toll roads by collecting tolls electronically
- High occupancy toll, a toll on single-occupant vehicles using high-occupancy vehicle lanes to reduce traffic congestion
- Shadow toll, payments made by government to the private sector operator of a road based on the number of vehicles using the road
- Road toll, the number of deaths caused annually by road accidents
Other[change | change source]
- Funeral tolling is the slow, solemn ringing of church bells at funerals
- Toll (gene), encode members of the Toll-like receptor class of proteins
- Toll-like receptor, a class of proteins which play a key role in the innate immune system
- Toll switching trunk, in telephone communications systems
- Toll (telecommunications), refers to connection charges, for instance note Trunk vs Toll charging and toll-free telephone numbers
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Toll.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.