The torpedo, is an explosive projectile weapon that moves by itself (using a propeller), launched above or below the water surface, that goes underwater toward a target, and made to explode when it hits a target or is near to it. Torpedoes may be launched from submarines, surface ships, helicopters, aircraft, land etc. Robert Whitehead invented the torpedo in 1866.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Swedish Bofors 'Torpedo 2000' promo video
- Modern Torpedoes And Countermeasures  Archived 2012-02-22 at the Wayback Machine
- US Navy torpedo data cut and pasted from a Navy Fact File Archived 2005-11-04 at the Wayback Machine
- Early History of the Torpedo Torpedo History
- US Naval Undersea Museum Torpedo Display Archived 2005-09-08 at the Wayback Machine
- US Naval Undersea Museum Torpedo Collection Archived 2005-02-26 at the Wayback Machine