|Founded||July 1875 (as Tanaka Seisakusho)|
|Headquarters||Minato, Tokyo, Japan|
|Website||http://www.toshiba.com/, https://www.global.toshiba/ww/top.html www|
Toshiba is a Japanese multinational company. Its diversified products include information technology and communications equipment and systems, electronic components and materials, power systems, industrial and social infrastructure systems, household appliances, medical equipment and lighting.
History[change | change source]
- July 11, 1875, Tanaka Hisashige strarted an electric equipment factory which was the first in Japan to produce telegraphs.
- 1939 Toshiba was founded in 1939 as Tokyo Shibaura Electric K.K. through the merger of Shibaura Seisaku-sho (founded in 1875) and Tokyo Denki (founded in 1890).
Products and services[change | change source]
- Blu-ray Disc
- elevators and escalators
- control systems (including air-traffic control systems, railway systems, security systems and traffic control systems)
- medical equipment (including CT and MRI scanners, ultrasound equipment and X-ray equipment)
- 3D television
Main brands of products[change | change source]
- VEGETA (Refrigerator)
- ZABOON (Clothes dryer)
- TORNEO (Cleaner)
- Smarbo (Cleaner)
- dynabook laptops, which were bought by Sharp in 2018
- REGZA (smartphone)
References[change | change source]
- "Toshiba to launch quantum cryptography services this year". Nikkei Asia. Retrieved 2021-06-14.
- "Toshiba Science Museum : Tokyo Period". toshiba-mirai-kagakukan.jp. Retrieved 2021-06-14.
- "Toshiba chief executive resigns over scandal". BBC News. 2015-07-21. Retrieved 2021-06-14.
- Sharwood, Simon. "Toshiba formally and finally exits laptop business". www.theregister.com. Retrieved 2021-06-14.