Tuckman's stages of group development
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The English used in this article or section may not be easy for everybody to understand. (March 2012)
- Forming is when the members of a team just got together.
- Storming is when they are in conflict and are not agreeing with each other.
- Norming is when they have finished deciding what is "normal".
- Performing is when they are working together efficiently.
Tuckman believed that these stages are all necessary and always happen in order for a team:
This model has become the basis for later models.
More reading on this topic can be found here: 
- Performing this is a stage of a fully functional group where members see themselves as a group and get involved in the task.