|Single by Usher|
|from the album 8701|
|Released||April 30, 2002|
|Writer(s)||Usher Raymond, Jermaine Dupri, Brian Michael Cox|
|Usher singles chronology|
"U-Turn" is a song by American singer Usher. It was released from his album 8701 (2001). It was released as an international single. This means that it was not released in the United States, where Usher lives. It was produced by Jermaine Dupri. The song reached the top ten in Australia, top 20 in the UK and Switzerland. It was a top 40 hit in the Netherlands.
The song was written by Usher, Dupri, and Brian Michael Cox. Cox had co-wrote four of Usher's songs, including hit single "U Got It Bad". The song mentions Michael Jackson and Bobby Brown. It also talks about crunk. This made it one of the first R&B songs to talk about that music genre.
Track listings[change | change source]
UK CD Limited Edition Enhanced 4 Track CD with Poster
- "U-Turn" (Album Version)
- "U-Turn" (The Almighty Mix)
- "U-Turn" (The Almighty Dub)
- "U-Turn" (Video - Plus 'Behind The Scenes' Footage)
- U-Turn [Album Version] 3:12
- U-Turn [The Almighty Mix] 7:22
- U-Turn [The Almighty Dub] 7:24
- U R The One 3:56
- Video U-Turn 3:05
- U-Turn (Album Version) 3:12
- U-Turn (The Almighty Mix) 7:22
Charts[change | change source]
|Germany (Media Control AG)||51|
|Netherlands (Mega Single Top 100)||27|
|Switzerland (Media Control AG)||22|
|UK Singles (The Official Charts Company)||16|
References[change | change source]
- "Australian-charts.com – Usher – U-Turn". ARIA Top 50 Singles. Hung Medien.
- "Die ganze Musik im Internet: Charts, News, Neuerscheinungen, Tickets, Genres, Genresuche, Genrelexikon, Künstler-Suche, Musik-Suche, Track-Suche, Ticket-Suche - musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Usher – U-Turn" (in Dutch). Mega Single Top 100. Hung Medien / hitparade.ch.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Usher – U-Turn". Singles Top 60. Hung Medien.
- "Usher – U-Turn swisscharts.com". Swiss Singles Chart. Hung Medien.
- "Usher: Artist Chart History" Official Charts Company.