This article may have too many red links. (June 2013)
|UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Bigfoot 2|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||May 25, 2013|
|Venue||MGM Grand Garden Arena|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada|
Background[change | change source]
Alistair Overeem was going to face Junior dos Santos at the event. However, in early March, Overeem pulled out of the bout because he had a leg injury. It was then announced that the fight would take place in a future event, later in the summer of this year. Then, on March 9 it was announced that Dos Santos would still compete on the card and face Mark Hunt.
Dana White said at the UFC on Fox 7 post-fight press conference that he thinks that the winner of the Gray Maynard/TJ Grant fight would get a UFC lightweight title shot against the cahampion Benson Henderson.
Results[change | change source]
|Heavyweight||Cain Velasquez (c)||def.||Antonio Silva||TKO (punches)||1||1:21||[a]|
|Heavyweight||Junior Dos Santos||def.||Mark Hunt||KO (spinning heel kick & punch)||3||4:18|
|Light Heavyweight||Glover Teixeira||def.||James Te-Huna||Submission (guillotine choke)||1||2:38|
|Lightweight||TJ Grant||def.||Gray Maynard||TKO (punches)||1||2:07|
|Lightweight||Donald Cerrone||def.||K.J. Noons||Decision (unanimous) (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary card (FX)|
|Welterweight||Mike Pyle||def.||Rick Story||Decision (split) (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Featherweight||Dennis Bermudez||def.||Max Holloway||Decision (split) (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Robert Whittaker||def.||Colton Smith||TKO (punches)||3||0:41|
|Catchweight (158.5 lbs)||Khabib Nurmagomedov||def.||Abel Trujillo||Decision (unanimous) (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary card (Facebook)|
|Welterweight||Stephen Thompson||def.||Nah-Shon Burrell||Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 30-27, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||George Roop||def.||Brian Bowles||TKO (punches)||2||1:43|
|Featherweight||Jeremy Stephens||def.||Estevan Payan||Decision (unanimous) (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)||3||5:00|
- For the Heavyweight Championship.
Bonus awards[change | change source]
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Junior Dos Santos vs. Mark Hunt
- Knockout of the Night: TJ Grant
- Submission of the Night: Glover Teixiera
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Staff (2013-02-11). "UFC 160 slated for May 25 in Las Vegas on Memorial Day weekend". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-02-11.
- Guillen Jr., Adam (2013-02-12). "Cain Velasquez vs 'Bigfoot' Silva rematch to serve as UFC 160 main event on May 25 in Las Vegas". MMAmania.com. Retrieved 2013-02-12.
- Stupp, Dann (2012-05-26). "UFC 146 results: Cain Velasquez batters and bloodies Antonio Silva for TKO win". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2012-05-26.
- Helwani, Ariel (2013-03-06). "Alistair Overeem injured, out of UFC 160 fight against Junior dos Santos". MMAfighting.com. Retrieved 2012-03-06.
- Staff (2013-03-07). "After UFC 160 scratch, Alistair Overeem vs. JDS now likely in summer". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2012-03-07.
- Helwani, Ariel (2013-03-09). "Mark Hunt vs. Junior dos Santos on for UFC 160". MMAFighting.com. Retrieved 2012-03-09.
- Alexander, Mookie (2013-03-11). "Ryan Bader injured, James Te Huna fights Glover Teixeira at UFC 160". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2013-03-11.
- Staff (2013-04-03). "Amir Sadollah injured, Nah-Shon Burrell now meets Stephen Thompson at UFC 160". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- Staff (2013-04-10). "Rick Story replaces Gunnar Nelson, meets Mike Pyle at UFC 160". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- Grienke, Keith (April 20, 2013). "Dana White Announces TJ Grant/Maynard Winner to Fight for UFC Lightweight Title". TopMMANews.com. Retrieved April 20, 2013.
- "Official UFC 160 weigh-in results". MMAjunkie.com. 2013-5-24. Retrieved 2010-5-24. Check date values in:
- "UFC® 160: Velasquez vs. Silva II". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2013-02-18.