User:A Link to the Past/WikiProject Video games quality
Quality guidelines[change | change source]
SimpleWikiProject Music quality standards are listed below with a short explination.
- Video game titles should be in italics.
- The title of an article should be bolded on first appearance. Important redirects should be bolded on their first appearance, preferably in the lead section.
- All articles should have an infobox.
- All articles on games should have a lead which discusses its release, a basic summary of its gameplay, and any notable features of the game.
- All articles on games should have a Gameplay section, Storyline section (if applicable), Characters section (if applicable), Development section, Presentation section, and Reception section.
- No articles should have a list of items, powers, stages, or any guide content.
- Articles should be careful to avoid lists.
- Opinions do not belong anywhere besides the Reception section, and they must be sourced.
- Trivial information is not appropriate on Wikipedia. If a particular fact is worthy of inclusion, it should be placed into proper context in the body of an article. Do not use the ==Trivia== (or equivalent) subheading.
References and official websites
- Try to find at least one link to the games website and one link to information about the game or the name of a book with information (if listing books try to provide the ISBN number from the back of the book).
- Place these references under a header like this:
==References== * Book of All About This Game by Gregory Gamer (ISBN 012345678) * http://www.information.com/thegame.html
===Other websites=== * http://www.officialwebsite.com/
These lines will look like this:
References[change | change source]
- Book of All About This Game by Gregory Gamer (ISBN 012345678)
Other websites[change | change source]
Here are two examples of good reference and website links:
Official game website: http://www.granturismo.com/