This userspace page has not been completed
|Topics in the news
- Italian Prime Minister Romano Prodi resigns
- Thousands of people in Gaza break a wall so they can get in Egypt to get supplies of food and fuel
- Société Générale, one of the largest banks in Europe, says one of its traders cost it €4.9 billion by making trades that were not permitted.
- A peace deal ends the Kivu conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- An new flag of Iraq is created, taking away three stars that were linked with the Baath Party; a new permanent design is expected within the next year.
- Stock markets throughout the world fall, resulting in the U.S. Federal Reserve cutting interest rates by 0.75%, the largest single cut in interest rates since October 1984.