Welcome to WikiProject Medicine on the Simple English Wikipedia. Do you want to add health knowledge to Wikipedia? Then please visit en:Wikipedia:WikiProject Medicine's page at the English Wikipedia. There is a regular group of people there. They talk about health knowledge, talk about rules related to Wikipedia's health knowledge, and assist users with adding health knowledge to the English Wikipedia.
Here at the Simple English Wikipedia, we try to make articles by taking good articles from the English Wikipedia and writing them in Simple English. At the Simple English Wikipedia, writers always use simpler language to make the articles easier to read.
If you would like to help, feel free to add yourself in the section for Project members below: (no specific ability or agreement to a certain amount of work is required). We hope you enjoy reading and improving SImple Wikipedia's medical articles.
Manual of style[change | change source]
There are no special style rules for health writing here. You may use some of the special rules at the English Wikipedia if you want. Here are some organizations which have professional opinions about simple English in health communication.
- Content Rules is a company that consults with Translators without Borders, which is an organization that supports Wikipedia through the Translation Task Force
- Health Research for Action operates from University of California Berkeley and provides consulting for translation into Simple English
- Translators without Borders has a simple English medical dictionary
- Every May in California, USA, the Institute for Healthcare Advancement presents a health literacy conference, which among other things, reports developments in standardizing simple English in health communication. I think that eventually Simple English Wikipedia and WikiProject Medicine should present at this.
- July 2015 discussion on simple medical writing at English Wikipedia
- Health communication guidelines from the United States government
- Others -