|Industry||Health and Fitness Products|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California|
|Blake Mallen, Ryan Blair, and Miamian Nick Sarnicola|
|Products||Vi 90-Day Challenge|
ViSalus is a health and fitness products company that sells weight-management products, energy drinks, and nutritional supplements. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and Troy, MI and is majority-owned by Blyth, Inc. ViSalus' Chief Marketing Officer is Blake Mallen and Ryan Blair is the Chief Executive Officer.
History[change | change source]
In 2005, Blake Mallen, Ryan Blair, and Miamian Nick Sarnicola founded ViSalus. In 2008, Blyth, Inc. purchased a stake in the company and increased its ownership to almost seventy-five percent. In 2013, the company expanded to the United Kingdom, with an office in Guilford. Ros Simmons was appointed as Managing Director of ViSalus for the United Kingdom.
Product[change | change source]
ViSalus is best known for its Vi 90-Day Challenge, a health challenge for customers. ViSalus also markets products including NEURO, Vi-Net, Vi-Net Mobile, and Vi-Shape Nutritional Shake Mix. The company sells its products in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. ViSalus uses direct marketing and employs 92,000 promoters. In 2012, the Miami Herald reported that Hulk Hogan and Alfonso Ribeiro endorsed ViSalus products.
Awards and recognition[change | change source]
- In 2013, ViSalus won a Silver Telly award in the Branded Content- Promotional Branding category for its "Vi-Anthem" video.
- In 2010, DSN Global awarded Visalus CEO Ryan Blair its DSN Global Turnaround Award.
References[change | change source]
- David J. Neal And Hannah Sampson (July 16, 2012). "ViSalus marries 'Biggest Loser' with new-age Mary Kay to gain fans". The Miami Herald. Retrieved June 2, 2013.
- "ViSalus". CrunchBase. Retrieved June 2, 2013.
- "ViSalus Wins Prestigious Silver Telly Award for "Vi-Anthem" Video". PR Newswire. Retrieved June 2, 2013.
- "ViSalus Launches in the United Kingdom". Business Matters. April 24, 2013. Retrieved June 2, 2013.
- Dan Schawbel (August 8, 2011). "Entrepreneurship: Nothing to Lose and Everything to Gain". Forbes. Retrieved June 2, 2013.