The English used in this article or section may not be easy for everybody to understand. (April 2023)
|Founded||June 11, 2007|
|Revenue||€315.3 million (2021)|
|Total assets||€462.5 million (2021)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Vip Mobile Austria Group|
|Footnotes / references|
Business ID: 20220023
Tax ID: 104704549 
History[change | change source]
On 1 December 2006, the mobilkom Austria group became the owner of the third mobile telephone license in Serbia for GSM 900/1800 and UMTS networks, through a payment of €320 million. The license was legally transferred to Vip.
Considering the great potential of the Serbian telecommunications market, the mobilkom Austria group has planned to invest up to €570 million in its first four years of operations, including the €320 million it spent on acquiring its operating license in Serbia in 2006. This makes Vip the biggest Greenfield investment in Serbia so far. In 2008, Vip became general sponsor of Serbian national volleyball team.
Network information[change | change source]
Network technology[change | change source]
- 2G (GSM, GPRS, EDGE up to 250 kbit/s) on 900 MHz and 1800 MHz
- 3G (HSPA+ up to 42 Mbit/s) on 900 MHz and 2100 MHz
- 4G (LTE up to 225 Mbit/s) on 800 and 1800 MHz
License obligations for the end of 2010 require Vip to cover 80% of territory and 90% of population with its own quality signal. So far, all requirements in terms of coverage given by the license are achieved and Vip signal is available all over Serbia.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Vip Telekom Austria Group's Combined Annual Report for 2021" (PDF). www.vip.group. 9 February 2022.[permanent dead link]
- Основни подаци о привредном друштву. apr.gov.rs (in Serbian). Serbian Business Registers Agency. Retrieved 28 February 2018.[permanent dead link]
- "PREGLED TRŽIŠTA TELEKOMUNIKACIJA I POŠTANSKIH USLUGA U REPUBLICI SRBIJI U 2020. GODINI" (PDF). ratel.rs (in Serbian). RATEL. Retrieved 21 January 2022.
- Vip hold 1/5 of Serbian market (B92 Biz)
- "Telekom Austria Group Annual Report according to IFRS PDF, page 23" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-02-02. Retrieved 2023-04-22.