|WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain|
It was released on October 27, 2003 in North America, November 7, 2003 in Europe and on January 29, 2004 in Japan. The game was the first in the WWE SmackDown! video game series and is the sequel to WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth. It was the last game under the SmackDown! title and was followed by WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw.
Reception[change | change source]
IGN rated the game a 9.1 out of 10 and said "One of the best wrestling games we've ever played...With its ultra-improved gameplay mechanics, enhanced visual engine, smarter career mode, and established create-a-character feature, Yuke's and THQ are definitely the track to success.”
The game was nominated in the "Sports Game" category at the 1st British Academy Video Games Awards. It was also nominated for "Best Sports Game" and won "Best Fighting Game" at the 2003 Spike Video Game Awards.
References[change | change source]
- "WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain: Release Data". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "ESRB: WWE Smackdown! Here comes the Pain". ESRB. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "WWE Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain Review". IGN. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "BAFTA Awards: Games (Sports in 2004)". British Academy of Film and Television Arts. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "Video Game Awards 2003 Winners". Spike. Retrieved 2013-12-05.