This article needs to be updated. (January 2020)
|Founded||February 29, 1996|
|Frequent-flyer program||WestJet Rewards|
|Fleet size||120 (incl. Encore)|
|Destinations||90 (incl. Encore)|
|Company slogan||Love where you're going|
|Headquarters||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
WestJet Airlines Ltd. is a Canadian low-cost carrier. It was founded on February 29, 1996. It is Canada's second largest air carrier, behind Air Canada. It operates an average of 425 flights and carries over 45,000 passengers per day. It was the eighth-largest airline in North America by passengers carried and carried 18.5 million passengers in 2013.
Gallery[change | change source]
The head office building for WestJet at the Calgary International Airport
A WestJet Boeing 737-200 at Calgary International Airport, this airplane is no longer used
A WestJet Boeing 737-800 with a special livery promoting its customer-service promise, or "Care-antee"
A WestJet Boeing 767-300ER
A WestJet Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
References[change | change source]
- "Airlines". Kamloops Airport. Archived from the original on 2015-01-15. Retrieved 2014-07-21.
- "WestJet, Air France, KLM work toward code-share". USA Today. Retrieved 2014-07-21.[permanent dead link]
- "WestJet passengers get bumpy start to long weekend". Peninsula News Review. Archived from the original on 2012-05-31. Retrieved 2014-07-21.
- "WestJet reports record full-year earnings per share of $1.78, up 68 per cent". WestJet. Retrieved 2014-07-21.
- Deveau, Scott (7 November 2012). "WestJet's new regional carrier Encore aims for mid-June takeoff". Financial Post. Retrieved 2014-07-21.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to WestJet.|