West Hills, Los Angeles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Escorpión Peak (aka: Castle Peak) (1,475 feet/450 m)—east face view from West Hills.
West Hills as delineated by the Los Angeles Times
|• Total||8.53 sq mi (22 km2)|
|Elevation||900 ft (274 m)|
|• Density||4,551/sq mi (1,757/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (PST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7|
91304 & 91307
|Area code(s)||818 & 747|
Notable residents[change | change source]
- Blake Gailen (born 1985) – American-Israeli baseball player
- Jesse James Hollywood – convicted of kidnapping and murder
- Francis Lederer — actor, early film star, civic leader
- Miguel Leonis — 19th century owner of Rancho El Escorpión
- Nicholas Markowitz — victim in Jesse James Hollywood kidnapping-murder case
- Bob Miller (sports announcer) — play-by-play broadcaster
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse — actor
- Daniella Monet — actress
- Daniel Olivas — author, book critic, attorney
- Kevin Pillar — professional baseball outfielder
- Mark Saul — actor
- America Ferrera — actress
- Frank Kelly Freas — science fiction illustrator
References[change | change source]
- LAtimes.com/Mapping-L.A. neighborhoods/West Hills . accessed 8.18.2011
-  Median household income is "high for the city of Los Angeles and high for the county." "Mapping L.A.," Los Angeles Times.
- "San Fernando Valley," Mapping L.A.
- "Los Angeles Times - Page unavailable in your region".
- Blake Gailen Bio, UNLVRebels.com
- "Obituaries-Charlene Gailen", Glendale News-Press, July 7, 2006.
- "Middle-class Valley suburb unlikely breeding ground for a killer". Los Angeles Daily News. July 13, 2009.
- "Kevin Pillar Stats, Fantasy & News". MLB.com. Retrieved December 27, 2016.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to West Hills, Los Angeles.|