for the members of the Wikimedia community
|The latest edition||Subscribe|
- Wikizine is a news letter. It is published (almost) every week. It tries to bring the most important news from the global Wikimedia family for everybody involved with Wikimedia.
- The concept of Wikizine:
- Wikizine is short so it does not take long to read.
- If possible every topic is only a very short summary. There are URLs with more information.
- Technical news is considered the most important news.
- Most of the time, only news is included that is important or interesting for the larger Wikimedia community. News items that are only for a specific wiki is not included.
- The target audience are sysops and higher, ambassadors, board members of the chapters
- It is written in English but it is for people from many languages
- It is hoped that the readers will spread the news that is relevant for their home-wiki to their local community and that they report news back upstream so it can be shared with the rest of the Wikimedia community
- It is POV. The POV of the editor-in-chief
- Wikizine is small in the number of staff members and readers
- Wikizine will never ever knowingly report lies
- Wikizine makes no guarantee of validity
- Wikizine considers itself an independent publication
- Wikizine is not a publication of the Wikimedia Foundation
- Wikizine is ugly and proud of it. Plain text only, distribution by email
- Wikizine is available under the GNU Free Documentation License
- If you like to show your support for Wikizine you can put a banner on your userpage.
|Former Publisher and Founder: Walter - Publisher Ed Lane - Website: http://www.wikizine.org|