William B. Provine (February 19, 1942 – September 1, 2015) was an American historian of science and of evolutionary biology and population genetics. He was best known for his several different positions held at Cornell University. Provine also appeared in Ben Stein's documentary movie Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed (2008).
Selected bibliography[change | change source]
- Provine W.B. 1971. The origins of theoretical population genetics. ISBN 0-226-68465-2
- Mayr E. and Provine W.B. (eds) 1980. The evolutionary synthesis: erspectives on the unification of biology. ISBN 0-674-27225-0
- Provine W.B. 1986. Sewall Wright and evolutionary biology. ISBN 0-226-68473-3
- Provine W.B. (ed) 1986. Evolution: selected papers by Sewall Wright. ISBN 0-226-91053-9
- Provine W.B. 1986. Geneticists and race. American Zoologist 26: 857-887.
- Provine W.B. 1989. Progress in evolution and meaning in life. In: M. Nitecki (ed) Evolutionary progress. ISBN 0-226-58692-8
- Cain A.J. and W.B. Provine 1992. Genes and ecology in history. In Berry R.J; T.J. Crawford & G.M. Hewitt, eds. Genes in ecology: 33rd Symposium of the British Ecological Society. ISBN 0-521-54936-1
- Provine W.B. 2014. The "random genetic drift" fallacy. ISBN 9781500924126.
References[change | change source]
- "William Provine, history of science scholar, dies at 73". Cornell Chronicle. Cornell University. September 9, 2015. Retrieved September 10, 2015.