Sir William Macpherson of Cluny (William Alan Macpherson; born 1 April 1926) is a retired Scottish High Court judge. He served as the 27th Hereditary Chief of the Clan Macpherson. In the late 1990s, Macpherson led the public inquiry into the murder of Stephen Lawrence.
Macpherson was born in Blairgowrie, Perth and Kinross, Scotland. He studied at Summer Fields School, a preparatory school near Oxford. He later studied at Wellington College in Crowthorne and Trinity College, Oxford.
References[change | change source]
- Robertson, John. "William Alan MacPherson". Special Forces Roll of Honour. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- Ratcliffe, Susan (2006). Concise Oxford Dictionary of Quotations. Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-861417-9.
- "Profile: Sir William Macpherson". BBC News. 24 February 1999. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- "The Honourable Sir William Macpherson of Cluny (and Blairgowrie)". Frost's Scottish Who's Who. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- BBC News (5 May 2004). "Q&A: Stephen Lawrence murder". BBC News. Retrieved 9 January 2012.