Jump to navigation Jump to search
History[change | change source]
- 1974—The institute was founded by Lester Brown.
- 1975—The first Worldwatch Paper was published.
- 1984—First State of the World published.
- 1988—World Watch Magazine was launched.
- 1992—Vital Signs, Worldwatch's third annual series, was started.
- 2000—Christopher Flavin became President of Worldwatch in October.
- 2008—Worldwatch hosted the 20th Anniversary of the James Hansen hearings.
- 2011—Robert Engelman became President of Worldwatch in October.
References[change | change source]
- Thaddeus C. Trzyna et al. (1996). World directory of environmental organizations Earthscan, p. 246.
- The Worldwatch Institute Books
- "About Worldwatch". Archived from the original on 2016-12-02. Retrieved 2011-05-07.
- "State of the World". Archived from the original on 2011-12-10. Retrieved 2011-05-07.