Jump to navigation Jump to search
Yevtushenko in 2009
|Born||Yevgeny Aleksandrovich Gangnus|
18 July 1932
Zima Junction, Siberia, USSR
|Died||1 April 2017 (aged 84)|
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
|Occupation||Poet, writer, film director, publisher|
|Notable work(s)||Babi Yar|
Yevgeny Aleksandrovich Yevtushenko (18 July 1932 – 1 April 2017) was a Soviet and Russian poet. He was also a novelist, essayist, dramatist, screenwriter, publisher, actor, editor and director of several movies.
References[change | change source]
- Russian: Евгений Александрович Евтушенко (also transliterated as Evgenii Alexandrovich Evtushenko, Yevgeniy Yevtushenko, or Evgeny Evtushenko).
- "Раздел второй Основные даты жизни и творчества Е. А. Евтушенко (1932-1996 гг.) ["Section Two Key dates in the life and creativity of E. A. Evtushenko (1932-1996 biennium]". russofile.ru (in Russian).
- "Acclaimed Russian poet Yevgeny Yevtushenko dies in Oklahoma". washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Yevgeny Yevtushenko poetry at Stihipoeta.ru (Russian)
- Biography – Canadian Encyclopedia
- Olga Carlisle (Spring–Summer 1965). "Yevgeny Yevtushenko, The Art of Poetry No. 7". The Paris Review. http://www.theparisreview.org/interviews/4443/the-art-of-poetry-no-7-yevgeny-yevtushenko.
- Yevgeny Yevtushenko online archive
- Yevgeny Yevtushenko on IMDb
- Yevgeny Yevtushenko. Collected Poems in English. Part 1
- Yevgeny Yevtushenko. Collected Poems in English. Part 2
- Yevgeny Yevtushenko. Zima Station Poem
- Yevgeny Yevtushenko. "May God" ("Дай Бог") (English translation)
- Chingiz Aitmatov on Yevgeny Yevtushenko
- Andrey Voznesensky's article on Yevgeny Yevtushenko
- Audio/Video recordings of a Poetry Reading by Yevgeny Yevtushenko at the University of Chicago
- The Bookplate Collection in the Rare Book and Special Collection Division at the Library of Congress contains materials related to the career of Yevtushenko.