Yorkshire Coast Radio
The station also operates an online service called 'Yorkshire Coast Radio Extra' which broadcasts news and interviews as well as football commentaries on Scarborough Athletic, Bridlington Town and Whitby Town games.
In 2018 the station launched an additional service Yorkshire Coast Radio 70s.
Programming[change | change source]
All of Yorkshire Coast Radio's programming is produced and broadcast from its Scarborough studios. Presenter-led programming airs from 6am-10pm on weekdays, 6 am-6 pm on Saturdays and 8 am-4 pm on Sunday.
In the official RAJAR audience data for Q2 2018, Yorkshire Coast Radio achieved a 53% weekly reach which is higher than for any other radio station in the UK.
News[change | change source]
Yorkshire Coast Radio broadcasts hourly local news bulletins from 6 am-10 pm on weekdays and 8 am-12 pm at weekends, with headlines on the half-hour during weekday breakfast.
Its journalists are based at the radio station's Scarborough studios and also produce content for and the stations website and smartphone app.
National bulletins from Sky News Radio are carried every hour at all other times.
References[change | change source]
- "Ofcom | Analogue Radio Stations". static.ofcom.org.uk. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- "Yorkshire Coast Radio Extra". Yorkshire Coast Radio. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- "70s". Yorkshire Coast Radio. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- "Public File". Yorkshire Coast Radio. Retrieved 2019-01-26.
- "Yorkshire Coast Radio Gets Biggest Ever Audience". Yorkshire Coast Radio. 2018-08-02. Retrieved 2019-01-26.