Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 2
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 2, known in Japan as Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX Tag Force 2 (遊☆戯☆王デュエルモンスターズGX タッグフォース), is a game based on the Yu-Gi-Oh! Animated series, developed by Konami and released for PlayStation Portable in September 2007. It's the second game in the Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force series.
Gameplay[change | change source]
Early in the game, after create a profile, the player will choose a duelist (main characters of the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX animation) to be his/her partner. The player must build a deck between 40 and 60 cards in order to duel. The game include over 2800 cards.
The player has the option of dueling solo, tag or just watching his partner. As the player wins duels, the partner's heart level increases.
In Tag mode, the player duels with a partner. The basic rules are the same as for single duels, both share life points, field and graveyard. The turn changes alternatively between players. Tag duels could not be done in the online battle.
UMD recognition[change | change source]
It is a system used to unlock rare cards through other games in the Tag Force series. New cards can be got depending on the game title used in UMD recognition. In addition, at recognizing the past Tag Force games, will be unlock three special cards called "Slifer the Sky Dragon", "Obelisk the Tormentor", and "The Winged Dragon of Ra". Also will be available hidden packs for purchase.
Reception[change | change source]
In general, the game received mixed reviews. In Metacritic, reached an average score of 60, based on 7 reviews. Sam Bishop, from IGN, disapproved the the non-support to online multiplayer and also the difficulty for beginners. Jeff Gedgaud, from Game Chronicles, wrote: "Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 2 is a game for the seasoned Yu-Gi-Oh! player and not for the faint of heart."
In a positive analysis, Salehuddin Husin, from GameAxis, cited some improvements, compared to the first game in the series, more animations and flashier graphics, rated 7.5.
References[change | change source]
- Bishop, Sam, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 2 Review - IGN, retrieved 2020-10-31
- Dubin, Jayson (2012-05-04). "Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 2 - PSP - Review". GameZone. Retrieved 2020-10-21.
- Husin, Salehuddin (2008). GameAxis Unwired. SPH Magazines. p. 43.
- McCullough, Tim (2007-12-01). "PSP Review - 'Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 2'". WorthPlaying. Archived from the original on 2020-10-23. Retrieved 2020-10-21.
- "Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 2". Metacritic. Retrieved 2020-10-21.
- "Game Chronicles - Review". www.gamechronicles.com. Retrieved 2020-10-21.