Club career Max[change | change source]
He started as a goalkeeper in 1903. Later, Díaz played as a defender, becoming in one of the most famous footballer of amateur era. He played around 150 games and scored 8 goals. He won 4 national titles and 7 locals titles with the canallas. He also worked at the Central Argentine Railway.
National team career[change | change source]
He was the first native player in Argentina national team. His first match was in 1905 versus Nottingham Forest. Later he played in several cups against Uruguay, and participated in the first South American Championship (1916).
Clubs[change | change source]
Honours[change | change source]
With Rosario Central[change | change source]
- Copa de Competencia La Nación: 1913
- Copa Ibarguren: 1915
- Copa de Competencia Jockey Club: 1916
- Copa de Honor Municipalidad de Buenos Aires: 1916
- Copa Nicasio Vila: 1908, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1917, 1919
- Federación Rosarina de Football: 1913
With Argentina national team[change | change source]
- Copa Lipton: 1906
- Copa Honor Argentino: 1913
- Copa Newton: 1916
- Copa Honor Uruguayo: 1916
- Copa Círculo de la Prensa: 1916
References[change | change source]
- Brisaboa, Jorge (1996).
- Durhand, Carlos (2010).
- "Zenón Díaz – Argentina National Team".