Zhuang people in ethnic clothes, Guangnan, 2008
|Regions with significant populations|
|China (Particularly Guangxi)|
|Zhuang languages, Cantonese, Mandarin, Pinghua|
|Indigenous Zhuang Shigongism (Moism)|
Minority Christianity, Buddhism and Taoism
|Related ethnic groups|
Tày, Tai/Dai and Nung (Vietnam)
|Traditional Chinese||壯族 or 僮族|
|Zhuang||Bouxcuengh (pronounced /pou˦˨ ɕueŋ˧/)|
The Zhuang people (Chinese: 壮族; pinyin: Zhuàngzú; Template:Lang-za) are a Kra-Dai speaking ethnic group who mostly live in the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region in southern China. Some also live in the Yunnan, Guangdong, Guizhou and Hunan provinces. They form one of the 56 ethnic groups officially recognized by the People's Republic of China. With the Buyi, Tay–Nùng, and other northern Tai speakers, they are sometimes known as the Rau or Rao. Their population, estimated at 18 million people, makes them the largest minority in China.
References[change | change source]
Citations[change | change source]
- 常用國字標準字體筆順學習網. Stroke-order.learningweb.moe.edu.tw (in Chinese). Retrieved 17 August 2018.
Sources[change | change source]
- Barlow, J. (2005). The Zhuang: A Longitudinal Study of Their History and Their Culture. https://web.archive.org/web/20070206210848/http://mcel.pacificu.edu/as/resources/ZHUANG/index.html
- Wang Mingfu, Eric Johnson (2008). Zhuang Cultural and Linguistic Heritage. The Nationalities Publishing House of Yunnan. ISBN 978-7-5367-4255-0.
A Senior City Police Officer Pursues His Roots In China, By Marvine Howe, New York Times, November 14, 1985.
Further reading[change | change source]
- Kaup, Katherine Palmer (2000). Creating the Zhuang: Ethnic Politics in China. Lynne Rienner Publishers. ISBN 978-1-55587-886-3.
- Barlow, Jeffrey G. (1989). "THE ZHUANG MINORITY IN THE MING ERA". Ming Studies 1989 (1): 15–45. doi:10.1179/014703789788763976.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zhuang people.|
- The Zhuang: A Longitudinal Study of Their History and Their Culture, by Jeffrey Barlow
- Map share of ethnic by county of China