Zin Mar Aung
Life[change | change source]
Zin Mar Aung studied botany in the university. She received a degree from the University of Distance Education in Yangon.
Work[change | change source]
Zin Mar Aung was part of the Burma democracy movement. Because of this, she was a political prisoner for eleven years.  She started a group for Asian culture and democracy. She also started a group to help women who were political prisoners.   She also helped start a group for women's empowerment. In 2012, she became the leader of an organization for ethnic minorities in war areas. In 2013 she started to work with the International Foundation for Electoral Systems on women’s political empowerment under the Global Women’s Leadership Fund.
References[change | change source]
- The Myanmar Times. "A voice that demands to be heard". mmtimes.com. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- "2012 International Women of Courage Award Winners". state.gov. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- "'ျပန္ထြက္လာေတာ့လည္း သိတဲ့အတိုင္းပဲ ျမန္မာ့ႏိုင္ငံေရး အေျခအေနက ကဲငါတို႔မလိုအပ္ေတာ့ဘူးဆိုတဲ့ အေနအထားမ်ဳိး မဟုတ္ဘူး'". http://www.mizzimaburmese.com/. Mizzima News. Retrieved 9 June 2015. External link in
- "'What Others Dare Not Think'".
- "IFES - Zin Mar Aung on the Importance of Women in Peace and Politics in Myanmar". ifes.org. Retrieved 10 June 2015.