From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||970s 980s 990s – 1000s – 1010s 1020s 1030s|
|Years:||1000 1001 1002 – 1003 – 1004 1005 1006|
- Sweyn I of Denmark begins his first invasion of England.
- Humbert I becomes the first count of Savoy.
- King Robert II of France invades Burgundy, but fails.
- Pope John XVII succeeds Pope Silvester II.
- Pope John XVIII succeeds Pope John XVII.
- Boleslaus I of Poland becomes duke of Bohemia and Moravia.