From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1050s 1060s 1070s – 1080s – 1090s 1100s 1110s|
|Years:||1085 1086 1087 – 1088 – 1089 1090 1091|
- Succession of Pope Urban II (1088-1099)
- Work begins on the third and largest church at Cluny
- Rebellion of 1088 against William II of England lead by Odo of Bayeux.
- Mansur ibn Nasir succeeds Nasir ibn Alnas as ruler of the Hammadid dynasty
- University of Bologna was founded.
- January 6 – Berengar of Tours, French theologian
- July 3 – Robert of Rhuddlan, Norman ruler of most of North Wales
- Naser Khosrow, Persian theologian
- William de Warenne, 1st Earl of Surrey, Norman aristocrat