From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1170s 1180s 1190s – 1200s – 1210s 1220s 1230s|
|Years:||1200 1201 1202 – 1203 – 1204 1205 1206|
- April 16 – Philip II of France enters Rouen, leading to the eventual unification of Normandy and France.
- April 8 – Congress in Bilino Polje, where Ban Kulin officially declared his allegiance to the Roman Catholic Church and denounced the heresy.
- June 23 – Fleet of the Fourth Crusade enters Bosphorus
- July 17 – Fourth Crusade captures Constantinople by assault; the Byzantine emperor Alexius III flees from his capital into exile.
- August 1 – Fourth Crusade elevates Alexius IV as Byzantine emperor, after the citizens of Constantinople proclaim as emperor Isaac II Angelus (Alexius IV's father).
- William de Braose, Fourth Lord of Bramber becomes the guardian of Arthur I, Duke of Brittany, and is possibly responsible for his death.
- Minamoto no Sanetomo becomes shogun of the Kamakura Shogunate