From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||1st century – 2nd century – 3rd century|
|Decades:||160s 170s 180s – 190s – 200s 210s 220s|
|Years:||194 195 196 – 197 – 198 199 200|
By place [change]
Roman Empire [change]
- February 19 – Battle of Lugdunum: Emperor Septimius Severus defeats Decimus Clodius Albinus at Lugdunum (modern Lyon).
- Septimius Severus returns to Rome. He has about 30 of Albinus's supporters in the Senate killed.
- Septimius Severus forms new naval units.
- The Roman army goes east to stop a Parthian invasion of Mesopotamia. They loot the royal palace at Ctesiphon and take many people as slaves.
By topic [change]
Arts and sciences [change]
- Galen's major work on medicines, Pharmacologia, is published.
- February 19 – Clodius Albinus, rival for Roman Emperor (b. 150)
- Cao Ang, first son of Cao Cao (b. 175)
- Cao Anmin, nephew of Cao Cao
- Dian Wei, bodyguard to warlord Cao Cao
- Guo Si, general under Dong Zhuo (b. 146)
- Huche'er, general under Zhang Xiu
- Li Jue, general under Dong Zhuo
- Liang Gang, general under Yuan Shu
- Qiao Rui, general during the Han Dynasty
- Yue Jiu, general during the Han Dynasty