From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||5th century – 6th century – 7th century|
|Decades:||470s 480s 490s – 500s – 510s 520s 530s|
|Years:||498 499 500 – 501 – 502 503 504|
By place [change]
- Qi He Di succeeds Qi Dong Hun Hou as ruler of the Chinese Southern Qi Dynasty.
- Muryeong becomes king of Baekje.
- Pope Symmachus, who people said committed crimes. He said non-religious law did not apply to him. A synod held in 502 agreed with him.
- Icel, great-grandfather of Creoda of Mercia
- Ravina II, rabbi
- Su Xiaoxiao, Chinese poetess and courtesan
- King Dongseong of Baekje, king of the Baekje Kingdom of Korea
- Xiao Baojuan, emperor of Southern Qi Dynasty, commonly known as Marquess of Donghun
- Consort Pan Yunu, Xiao Baojuan's favorite concubine