From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||950s 960s 970s – 980s – 990s 1000s 1010s|
|Years:||980 981 982 – 983 – 984 985 986|
Events[change | edit source]
By place[change | edit source]
Asia[change | edit source]
- Wood carvers paid by China's Song Dynasty complete a carving of the entire Buddhist canon for printing (130,000 total blocks are made).
- The reign of Amir Adhad ad-Dowleh of Buwayhid ends.
- Sharaf ad-Dawla becomes Amir Buwayhid.
- The Khazar Empire ends.
- Emperor Shengzong leads a Liao Dynasty expeditionary force against the Zubu.
- One of the Four Great Books of Song, the encyclopedia Imperial Readings of the Taiping Era is finished in 1,000 volumes of 4.7 million written Chinese characters.
Europe[change | edit source]
- Otto III becomes King of Germany after the death of Otto II.
- Veronese donation during the diet of Verona. Otto gave the Rheingau to the archbishopric of Mainz
By topic[change | edit source]
Religion[change | edit source]
Births[change | edit source]
Deaths[change | edit source]
- Otto II, Holy Roman Emperor
- 'Adud al-Daula
- Pope Benedict VII
- Mu'ayyad al-Daula
- Patriarch Anthony III of Constantinople