|New York Yankees — No. 13|
|Born: July 27, 1975
New York, New York
|Bats: Right||Throws: Right|
|July 8, 1994 for the Seattle Mariners|
(through June 17, 2008)
|Runs batted in||1,540|
|On-base plus slugging||.968|
Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez (born July 27, 1975 in New York, New York), also called A-Rod, is a Dominican American baseball player playing as third baseman for the New York Yankees. In the past, he played as shortstop for the Seattle Mariners and Texas Rangers.
He is currently first in runs scored and total bases; second in extra base hits and RBI, and 4th in hits among all players in baseball history since their 31st birthday. Also, Rodriguez has more HR, RBI, runs scored and more base hits than all-time leaders Hank Aaron (RBI), Barry Bonds (HR), Rickey Henderson (runs scored), and Pete Rose (hits) did before their 31st birthdays. He is the youngest player ever to hit 500 home runs, breaking the record Jimmie Foxx set in 1939.
References[change | edit source]
- "Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez". http://myautographsource.com/Balls/Alex-Rodriguez-Autograph. Retrieved 2008-07-17.
- "500 Home Runs Club". http://www.baseball-almanac.com/hitting/hi500c.shtml. Retrieved 2008-07-17.
- Allen Barra (2006-08-29). "Alex Rodriguez is one of the greatest Yankees ever". Village Voice. http://villagevoice.com/nyclife/0635,barra,74310,15.html.
- Stan McNeal (2008-01-17). "Alex the greatest for the second straight year, general managers put A-Rod at the top of our list of baseball's 50 best players". Sporting News. Archived from the original on 2012-05-30. http://archive.is/klsH.
- Gary Graves (2008-01-17). "Players tab Bonds as game's best player". USA Today. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/02allstar/2002-07-09-survey.htm.
Other websites[change | edit source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Alex Rodriguez|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Alex Rodriguez|
- Alex Rodríguez at The Internet Movie Database
- AROD.com - Alex Rodriguez's official website
- A-Rod's Salary: Watching for Collusion on Time.com
- ESPN E-Ticket article - Alex Rodriguez 2007, King of Gotham?
- Men's Vogue April 2008 feature article on A-Rod