Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel
||This article needs to be updated. (May 2013)|
|Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel|
|Directed by||Betty Thomas|
|Produced by||Janice Karman
|Written by||Jon Vitti
Matthew Gray Gubler
|Music by||David Newman|
|Cinematography||Anthony B. Richmond|
|Editing by||Matt Friedman|
|Studio||Fox 2000 Pictures
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
|Release date(s)||23 December 2009|
|Running time||88 minutes|
|Preceded by||Alvin and the Chipmunks|
|Followed by||Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked|
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel is the sequel to the movie Alvin and the Chipmunks. It is a live-action/CGI movie. It was first set to be shown in theaters on March 19, 2010, but the date was changed to December 23, 2009. The movie introduces the Chipettes. The movie stars Zachary Levi, David Cross, and Jason Lee and the voices of Justin Long, Matthew Gray Gubler, Jesse McCartney, Amy Poehler, Anna Faris, and Christina Applegate. The movie is being filmed at Woodrow Wilson Classical High School in Long Beach, CA.
Plot[change | change source]
In the sequel, Dave makes Alvin, Simon, and Theodore go to school, saying that it is "good for them." He does not know that the Chipmunks feel like "Chipmunks Out of Water" because of all the (human) children around. Meanwhile, Ian (after the Chipmunks dealt him a serious blow) is freed from jail and searches the world for animals who can sing and dance. He finds the Chipettes and cannot wait to make them famous and get back at the Chipmunks.
Cast[change | change source]
- Zachary Levi as Toby Seville
- David Cross as Ian Hawke
- Jason Lee as Dave Seville
- Justin Long as Alvin Seville
- Matthew Gray Gubler as Simon Seville
- Jesse McCartney as Theodore Seville
- Amy Poehler Eleanor Miller
- Anna Faris as Jeanette Miller
- Christina Applegate as Brittany Miller
- Wendie Malick as Dr. Rubin
- Anjelah Johnson as Julie Ortega
- Kathryn Joosten as Aunt Jackie Seville
- Kevin G. Schmidt as Ryan Edwards
- Chris Warren, Jr. as Xander
- Bridgit Mendler as Becca Kingston
References[change | change source]
- Fritz, Ben (2009-12-28). "Holiday box-office take is highest in recent history". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on 1 January 2010. http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-ct-boxoffice28-2009dec28,0,1741915.story. Retrieved 2010-01-03.
- "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel Box Office". Box Office Mojo. Internet Movie Database. Archived from the original on 5 June 2010. http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=alvinandthechipmunksii.htm. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- "'Alvin And The Chipmunks' Producers Reveal 'Squeakuel' Details -- And The Chipettes Are In!". MTV. 2008-07-28. http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1599215/story.jhtml. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- 'Alvin and the Chipmunks' sequel lands helmer, a December 2008 article from The Hollywood Reporter