Anne of the Thousand Days
Anne of the Thousand Days is a British-American movie, produced by Hal Wallis and directed by Charles Jarrott, written by Bridget Bolan, John Hale and Richard Sokolove, after Maxwell Anderson's 1948 play of the same name. The movie was released by Universal Studios on December 18, 1969.
It relates the love affair of King Henry VIII of England and Anne Boleyn, which led to the king's divorce from his first wife Queen Catherine of Aragon, and the break of England from the Church of Rome. When Anne fails to give a male heir to the throne, the king turns against her and has her executed (killed).
Principal characters [change]
- King Henry VIII - Richard Burton
- Anne Boleyn - Geneviève Bujold
- Catherine of Aragon - Irene Papas
- Cardinal Wolsey - Anthony Quayle
- Thomas Cromwell - John Colicos