Gabbert in action with the Jaguars
|No. 11 Jacksonville Jaguars|
|Date of birth: October 15, 1989|
|Place of birth: Ballwin, Missouri, USA|
|Height: 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)||Weight: 234 lb (106 kg)|
|NFL Draft: 2011 / Round: 1 / Pick: 10|
|Debuted in 2011 for the Jacksonville Jaguars|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2011|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Gabbert was born in Ballwin, Missouri, USA and went to Parkway West High School, where he played high school football. In his sophomore season, he threw for about 1,100 yards and 11 touchdowns as a first-year starter. As a junior, he had 1,523 yards and 20 scores and also added 458 yards and 8 TDs rushing. He threw 623 passing yards and five touchdowns as a senior, despite an injured foot that limited him to four games. He was considered one of the best players entering college at his position.
After an impressive showing at the combine, Gabbert was taken 10th overall by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the 2011 NFL Draft. Gabbert, who to his credit was playing on a team that had done very poorly the past several years, had a bad season in 2011. He was sacked 40 times (3rd most in league history), fumbled 14 times, and threw only 12 touchdown passes next to eleven interceptions as Jacksonville's bad luck continued. Analysts noted how Gabbert's height decreased when he threw, which is the opposite of what is supposed to happen.
- Rivals.com pro-style quarterbacks 2008, January 16, 2008
- Tucker, Billy (November 16, 2007), ESPN.com, "Gabbert drawn by Mizzou's coaches"
- The Sporting News, September 9, 2008, "Missouri burns QB Gabbert's redshirt"
- Laymance, Reid. Stltoday.com. "Blaine Gabbert entering 2011 draft".
- nfldraftscout.com. "Blaine Gabbert, DS #1 QB, Missouri".
- nfl.com. "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles – Blaine Gabbert".
- Jags send two picks to 'Skins, draft QB Gabbert at No. 10-NFL.com
- Jaguars sign Gabbert-ESPN