Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
|Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare|
Aspyr (Mac conversion)
Treyarch (Wii conversion)
Square Enix (2009 Japanese release)
|Series||Call of Duty|
|Engine||IW engine 3.0|
Mac OS X
|Release date(s)||Xbox 360, PS3, Windows
NA November 5, 2007
AUS November 7, 2007
EU November 9, 2007
JP December 27, 2007
JP September 10, 2009 (Square Enix)
NA September 26, 2008
AUS January 28, 2011
November 10, 2009
|Mode(s)||Single-player, multiplayer, online co-op|
|Media||Optical disc, download|
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a first person shooter videogame released in 2007. It is part of the Call of Duty series. It is available on Xbox 360, PC and Playstation 3. There is also a version on the Nintendo DS called Call of Duty: DS and another one for the Wii that was released on November 2009 called "Reflex Edition". The sequel, Call of Duty: World at War, was released in 2008.
It has been awarded with the "Best game of the year", "Best action game" and "Best online game" prices on 2007. It was the most sold game around the world on 2007, with more than 7.000.000 sold games on 2008 and 13.000.000 on 2009.
Single player mode[change | change source]
Playable characters[change | change source]
During the single player's campaign, the player controls the following characters.
- United Kingdom Sargent Soap MacTavish. Member of the 22th Regiment SAS. Is the most playable character.
- United States Sargent Paul Jackson. Belongs to the 1st Division Recon Force of Marines of the United States moved to Middle East. Is the second more playable character, whose rol is controlled in five missions in the Act I. He dies in a nuclear explosion.
- United Kingdom Captain John Price. Player takes the control of Price when he was Lieutenant of the 22th Regiment SAS, in a retrospective mission 15 years ago on Chernobyl, under orders of Captain McMillan.
Story[change | change source]
Sargent John "Soap" MacTavish is a new soldier of the British army sent to the SAS, on the 22th regiment, who needs training. When he passes weapons training and the obstacle course, he must choose the difficulty level. When it is finished, the Prologue mission will start.
Weapons[change | change source]
- M4A1 SOPMOD
- M4A1 with Grenadelauncher M203
- M16A4 with Grenadelauncher M203
- AK-47 with Grenade Launcher GP30
- Non guided:
Multiplayer Mode[change | change source]
Multiplayer mode of Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare includes a class system. Five of them by default: Assault, Special Operations, Machine Gunner, Demolitions and Sniper, which have got weapons and 3 default upgrades; another five custom classes, whose weapons and upgrades can be modified when player gets rank number 5.
Game modes[change | change source]
- Team Deathmatch [TDM]
- Two teams fight to get as more kills as they can in a limited time or a limited number of kills.
- Domination [DOM]
- Two teams fight for the control of 3 flags put strategically on the map. Possession of them increases some points to the team who have the flags.
- Sabotage [SAB]
- Two teams fight for the possession of a bomb, which is moved by the players and have to be activated on the enemy objective. The other team can defuse that bomb in a limited time.
- Search and Destroy [S&D]
- One of the two teams get the bomb, and have to go to the enemy objective and activate the bomb. The other team have to kill all the enemy members to win, but if the bomb explodes, or all team members die, they lose.
- Deatchmatch [DM]
- The player is fighting alone, there are no teams. To win, you have to get the most of the kills.
Sources[change | change source]
- Stead, Chris (2009-07-15). "The 10 Best Game Engines of This Generation". IGN. http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1003728p2.html. Retrieved 2009-07-15.