Case Closed, known as in Japan as Detective Conan (名探偵 コナン Meitantei Conan ), is a crime manga series. This comic is written by Gosho Aoyama. The series began in 1994. The manga series has been made into an anime television show. It has been on the air for seventeen seasons, from 1996 to the present time.
Case Closed is about a teenage detective named Jimmy (Shinichi) Kudo, who is poisoned by an evil group called "The Black Organization". The poison was supposed to kill him. However, the poison instead turned him into a small child. Shinichi adopts a new identity as "Conan Edogawa", and lives with his girlfriend, Ran Mouri, and her father, Detective Kogorou Mouri, under the pretense that his parents are away and unable to take care of him. As a child, Shinichi/Conan helps Kogorou solve murder cases, while trying to find the evil men who poisoned him, to steal the poison and create an antidote.
When Detective Conan first arrived in the United States, the owners of Conan the Barbarian asked the series to be known as Case Closed in English. Some of the character names had to be changed as well. Shinichi had his first name changed to Jimmy. Ran Mouri became Rachel Moore, while her father became Richard. However, Conan kept his Japanese name in English.
Outline[change | edit source]
This is the reasoning comics describing a high school student detective solving many incidents. His name is Jimmy Kudo. The 17 year old changed to a small child's body because of poison by the Black Organization. The Black organization is an international crime organization and its main activity is assassination, trading, and inventing new drugs. The code names of the members are usually named after liquors. For example, Gin, Vodka, and Vermouth. Anita Hailey, who invented the drug Jimmy took, was a member of this organization but when she was locked in handcuffs, she took the same drug Jimmy took, and became a six year-old girl and escaped from them. Her old code name was Sherry.
Gadgets[change | edit source]
- Detective Conan has huge glasses with non-vision-correcting lenses. The glasses have many functions: radar, thermography, telescope, listening microphone, directional microphone.
- with a tranquilizing gun function. This watch can only store one tranquilizing needle, so Conan must use it wisely.
- Bow Tie
- With a voice-changing function. Conan puts Richard to sleep with the tranquilizer watch and solves cases using his voice.
- DB button
- DB means DETECTIVE BOYS.The micro transcever is built in the button. The communication range is less than 20 km in radius.
- with a turbo-engine function. Conan uses this to pursue criminals.
- The item reinforces his kick power. Conan can kick soccer balls in order to knock out the criminal.
- With a stretch function. When Conan switches the suspenders on, the suspenders stretch and shrink freely.
Characters[change | edit source]
- Jimmy Kudo/Conan Edogawa
The protagonist. He solves cases (mostly murders) as a first grader. His seventeen-year-old body was shrunk due to a poison created by the Black Organization.
- Rachel Moore
A high-school friend of Jimmy. Conan lives with her, and she is not aware of his true identity. She longs to see Jimmy again.
- Richard Moore
Rachel's father. He is a famous private detective, but his fame is due to Conan solving cases using his voice (via the Voice-Changing Bowtie).
- Hershel Agasa
A plump doctor/professor who knows Conan's true identity and makes gadgets for him.
- Anita Hailey
A former member of the Black Organization. Her body shrunk due to the same poison that Conan took.
- Harley Hartwell
A rival high school detective who knows Conan's true identity.
- Serena Sebastian
A boy-crazy friend of Rachel's. Conan sometimes uses her voice to solve crimes instead of Richard's.
Organization[change | edit source]
- Boss (referred to as "That Person")
References[change | edit source]
Other websites[change | edit source]
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Case Closed|