Chaz Bono, 2010
|Born||Chastity Sun Bono
March 4, 1969
Los Angeles, California, US
|Other names||Chaz Salvatore Bono|
|Occupation||Writer, musician, activist|
|Known for||Sonny & Cher's only child together, LGBT activism, writing|
|Parents||Sonny Bono, Cher|
Chaz Salvatore Bono (born Chastity Sun Bono; March 4, 1969) is an American actor and is a spokesperson for the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation. He danced on ABC's Dancing With the Stars.
He is the son of Sonny and Cher Bono. He is a female-to-male transsexual. A documentary on Bono's experience, Becoming Chaz, was at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival. It was later on the OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.
Books written [change]
- Family Outing (with Billie Fitzpatrick) (1998). Little, Brown and Company. pp. 272. ISBN 978-0316102339
- The End of Innocence: A Memoir (with Michele Kort) (2003). pp. 232. ISBN 978-1555837952
- Transition: the story of how I became a man (with Billie Fitzpatrick) (2011). New York: Dutton. ISBN 978-0525952145
- Transition: Becoming Who I Was Always Meant to Be (with Billie Fitzpatrick) (2012 paperback). Plume. pp. 272. ISBN 978-0452298002
- "Cher's son now officially a man". BBC News. 2010-05-07. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8667595.stm. Retrieved 2011-11-14.
- "BBC News - Cher berates 'bigots' attack on son's role in TV show". BBC. 2011-09-02. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14760706. Retrieved 2011-11-14.
- "Chastity Bono Undergoing Gender Change". TV Guide. 2009-06-11. http://www.tvguide.com/News/Chastity-Bono-Gender-1006849.aspx. Retrieved 2009-06-11.
- "Chastity Bono is Chaz Bono". Right Celebrity. 2009-06-11. http://tv.rightcelebrity.com/?p=2752. Retrieved 2009-06-11.
- "Chaz Bono Documentary To Debut On OWN | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos". Access Hollywood. http://www.accesshollywood.com/chaz-bonos-documentary-to-make-world-television-premiere-on-oprah-winfrey-network_article_42282. Retrieved 2011-11-14.