From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Temporal range: Ordovician - Recent
The group was meant to include all jawed fish, but in modern fashion it also includes all the tetrapods as well, since they evolved from jawed fish. It is the sister group of the Agnatha, the jawless vertebrates.
- Chondrichthyes cartilaginous fish
- Acanthodii† 'spiny sharks'
- Placoderms† armoured fish
- Osteichthyes bony fish
- Sarcopterygii lobe-finned fish
- Tetrapods land vertebrates
|Wikispecies has information on: Gnathostomata.|