Google Chrome OS
|This article is missing important information. (April 2013)|
||This article needs to be updated.|
Google Chrome OS (21.0.1172.0) displaying the app drawer and Chrome browser.
|Company / developer||Google Inc.|
|Programmed in||C, C++|
|Working state||Preinstalled on specific hardware (Chromebooks, Chromeboxes)|
|Update method||Rolling release|
|Supported platforms||x86, ARM|
|Kernel type||Monolithic: Linux kernel|
|Default user interface||Graphical interface based on the Google Chrome browser|
|License||Google Chrome OS Terms of Service|
The Google Chrome OS is a project by Google to develop a light computer operating system. It is devoted to using the World Wide Web. The operating system was announced on July 7, 2009, and it is based on Google's Chrome web browser and the Linux kernel. It will be targeted at netbooks at first, and is due to be released during the second half of 2010. It will run on systems with either x86 or ARM processors.
The Google Chrome OS is expected to be delayed in reaching customers.
References[change | edit source]
- "Kernel Design: Background, Upgrades". Google. http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/chromiumos-design-docs/chromium-os-kernel. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- Google. "Google Chrome OS Terms of Service". http://www.google.com/intl/en/chromebook/termsofservice.html. Retrieved September 5, 2012.
- Mediati, Nick (2009-07-07). "Google Announces Chrome OS". PC World. Archived from the original on 2010-01-18. http://www.pcworld.com/article/168028/google_announces_chrome_os.html. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- Bobbie Johnson (2009-07-08). "Google targets Microsoft with new operating system". The Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2009/jul/08/google-chrome-operating-system. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- Ahmed, Murad (2009-07-08), Google takes on Microsoft with Chrome operating system, Times Online, http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article6665703.ece, retrieved 2009-07-08 Archived 18 January 2010 at WebCite
- Womack, Brian (2009-07-08). "Google to Challenge Microsoft With Operating System". Bloomberg.com. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aTd2k.YdQZ.Y. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- Shiels, Maggie (2009-07-08). "Google to launch operating system". BBC News. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8139711.stm. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- Arrington, Michael (2009-07-08). "Google Chrome: Redefining The Operating System". TechCrunch. Archived from the original on 2012-04-03. http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/07/08/google-chrome-redefining-the-operating-system/. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- Ali, United States (December 11, 2010). Google is delaying to ship Chrome OS to mid of 2011