Greg Jennings with the Packers
|No. 85 Green Bay Packers|
|Date of birth: September 21, 1983|
|Place of birth: Kalamazoo, Michigan|
|Height: 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)||Weight: 198 lb (90 kg)|
|College: Western Michigan University|
|NFL Draft: 2006 / Round: 2 / Pick: 52|
|Debuted in 2006 for the Green Bay Packers|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 14, 2011|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Gregory Jennings, Jr. (born September 21, 1983 in Kalamazoo, Michigan) is a wide receiver. He plays for the Green Bay Packers of the NFL. He played college football at Western Michigan University. He was drafted in the second round of the 2006 NFL Draft.
High School Career [change]
College career [change]
Greg Jennings decided to go to Western Michigan University. He finished his career there with 238 receptions for 3539 yards and 39 touchdowns. In his second year, he broke an ankle bone, and had to miss eight games. He graduated from the college in 2010.
NFL career [change]
Jennings declared for the NFL Draft in 2006. He was chosen by the Packers with the 52nd pick in the 2006 NFL Draft. In his fourth game, Jennings caught Brett Favre's 400th touchdown pass. He was voted Rookie of the Week that week. Jennings finished the season with 45 catches for 632 yards and 3 touchdowns. His next season was better, with twelve touchdowns and 932 yards. After his first thousand yard season in 2009, Jennings got a 26.35 million dollar contract. In 2010 and 2011, Jennings made the Pro Bowl. He also played in the Super Bowl in 2010, where he had two touchdowns in a Packers victory. He had to miss most of the 2011 and 2012 seasons with injuries.
Career statistics [change]
|2006||Green Bay Packers||14||45||632||14.0||75||3|
|2007||Green Bay Packers||13||53||920||17.4||82||12|
|2008||Green Bay Packers||16||80||1,292||16.2||63||9|
|2009||Green Bay Packers||16||68||1,113||16.4||83||4|
|2010||Green Bay Packers||16||76||1,265||16.6||86||12|
|2011||Green Bay Packers||13||67||949||14.2||79||9|
- Greg Jennings Profile at Greg Jennings official website (retrieved December 7, 2010).
- Green Bay Packers bio for Greg Jennings (accessed December 7, 2010).
- Golston, Hilary. "Packers WR Jennings graduates, set to make TV debut on CBS show". WFRV-TV. http://www.wfrv.com/sports/92841499.html. Retrieved 2011-01-06
- Carlton, James (19 December 2012). "Packers: WR Greg Jennings thinks his days in Green Bay are numbered". CBS Sports.com. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/21425495/packers-wr-greg-jennings-thinks-his-days-in-green-bay-are-numbered.
- Sources: Jennings close to extension ESPN, June 23, 2009
- ESPN Super Bowl Box Score
- Layden, Tim (February 14, 2011). "Green And Golden: Behind the poise and precision of quarterback Aaron Rodgers and the gutsy contributions of a host of role players, the Packers burnished their championship legacy with a memorable 31--25 victory over Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XLV". Sports Illustrated. Time Inc.. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1181765/index.htm. Retrieved 2011-02-11.