Guest workers are people brought into a country to work in different industries.
They are used to fill a shortage in labour that most often cannot be done locally. Guest workers often do not have the same rights as normal workers. In some countries guest workers are not allowed to stay long periods of time. In Germany there are many guest workers from Turkey. Turkish guest workers have formed their own communities in the German cities where they live. Turkish guest workers have been in Germany since the 1950s.
Other pages[change | edit source]
Other websites[change | edit source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Foreign workers|
- Foreign workers in Malaysia - News update
- The PBS newsmagazine NOW focuses on America's "Guest Workers" including interviews with actual guest workers who work in Montana's forests
- Burma Migrant Worker Issues
- Migrant labor activism in New York City from Dollars & Sense magazine
- Migrant Workers Television(MWTV) in Seoul Korea
- December 18 vzw - International Advocacy and Resource Center on Migrant Workers Rights
- Migrante International
- No One is Illegal
- Global Culture: essay on migrant workers
- Migrant Farmworkers and Their Children