From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hemisphere means half (hemi) of the Earth (sphere).
- The Northern Hemisphere means everything north of the Equator, which includes, North America, Central America, the northern part of South America, Europe, Asia, northern Africa, and the Middle East.
- The Southern Hemisphere means everything south of the Equator, which includes most of South America, most of Africa, Australia, and Antarctica.
- The Western Hemisphere includes North America and South America, and has the Pacific Ocean on its western border and the Atlantic Ocean on its eastern border.
- The Eastern Hemisphere includes Europe, Asia, and Africa, and has the Atlantic Ocean on its western border and the Pacific Ocean on its eastern border.
- It can also mean the land hemisphere or the water hemisphere.