From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Originally, a hub is the name for the part in the center of a wheel, where the other parts (called spokes) connect. The meaning of the word is always related to being a central piece, which allows connections to other pieces.
Technology[change | change source]
- An Ethernet hub connects all the cables in a Local Area Network
- Serial ATA has a component called Port multiplier
- An USB hub allows to connect many devices to a single USB port
Transport[change | change source]
- A Transport hub or transport interchange is a station which allows to swich between different lines in the transport network.
Others[change | change source]
- In video games, a hub is a special Level which connects to many other levels.
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.